Times like this causes us to look retrospectively at our various business models. With most Agribusinesses (agricultural related businesses) in this part of the world (Africa) conducting over 90 percent of business transactions offline or physically due to several reasons.
Now that the whole world is craving for access to goods and services with minimum or zero physical contact, home delivery and e-payment systems (online money transfers) has become the order of the day for businesses that not only want to thrive but also want to remain relevant.
|People are still making money|
As an Agribusiness owner, you must think of how to convey your products to buyers at their own convenience. You can make use of logistics service providers.
As you do this, do not forget to give your products Attractive packaging that will make them want to buy more and also advertise your brand.
Statistics has shown that most people now spend most of their time on their phones during this 2020 lock down both as a means of entertainment and information.
|Your potential customers are online|
It is therefore important for you as an Agripreneurs to market your products or produce online more than ever so that they can be aware of your business.
Even if majority of your customers before now were purely offline contacts, now is the time to start getting their phone numbers and start showing up in their faces virtually.
Avenues for reaching your customers online include :
1) Whatapp Stories: If you have been saving your offline customers telephone number, now is the best time to keep informing them of your products through your what app stories. And this cost you absolutely no money.
|Reach out to your customers.|
2) What app messages : send them messages that shows that you are concerned about their welfare while also reminding of how your services can help.
2) Social media platforms : such as Facebook, instagram, twitter etc are places where you can keep in touch with your customers and also find new ones.
And in case you do not have a business account on these platforms, now is the time to do that. As it is not enough to sell from your personal pages.
3)Social media Stories where they can see from a glance what you are offering.
4) You can also explore paid adverts on other people What app status or social media pages at a reasonable price. It can give your business more exposure.
|Connect with your customers on social media|
Remember out of sight can be out of mind not only in love affair but also in business.
1) Provide home deliveriey services for your customers.
2) Embrace e-payment systems.
3) Use attractive packaging.
4) keep in touch with your customers virtually.
5) Target new customers online
6) keep advertising
Please stay safe
Agricultural Economist |Blogger